Casey Shull | September 7, 2021
The Ultimate Guide to Watching Stephen King Movies on DISH
There’s an unspoken rule that after taking a solo trip to the basement and turning off the light, you must flee up the stairs before the unwelcome monster lurking in the shadows gets you. Who—or what—is responsible for cementing that quiet fear in all of us? One might say Pennywise or the ghost of Jack Torrance, but the answer lies with the horror “King” himself.
Stephen King has brought his specific brand of terror to page and silver screen for more than three decades, and it’s clear the world is still hungry for more. Fans can look forward to fresh adaptations of famous works including, The Stand, Revival, Firestarter, and Chappelwaite, with many more set to debut in the next few years.
And now, thanks to the growing popularity of streaming services, it’s easier than ever to enjoy the Scream King in your home with the power of DISH.
Are you brave enough to watch this Halloween? To get into the spirit of things, USDish.com is launching a sequel to the Watch 13 Stephen King Movies and Get $1,300 challenge and is once again searching for one (un)lucky fan to take it on. Think you got what it takes? Enter now while applications are still being accepted. At USDish.com, we want to help you achieve your dreams, or rather, face your nightmares. Because, after all, Misery loves company. Read on for our ultimate guide on how to watch Stephen King movies only with DISH.
What You’ll Need to Float Too
The Survival Gear
Pick a seat nearest the exit, turn your chair towards your big screen, and settle in for an unsettling ride. For peak performance viewing, make sure your TV is equipped with a good sound system and set up with a DISH subscription. For added comfort (and protection), drag in grandma’s handmade quilt and don’t forget the snacks. Because while it was King himself who said, “I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries,” his works aren’t actually edible.
The DISH Gear
First and foremost you’ll want to make sure you’re set up with a DISH package that gives you
access to DISH On-Demand, or the DISH Anywhere App if you’re using a handheld device. Don’t have DISH yet? All work and no DISH makes Jack a dull boy. When you get DISH, you get a 99.9% reliable signal along with access to over 190 different channels, and DVR recording capabilities.
Living in the middle of nowhere and think you can’t get service? Satellite TV reaches everywhere from the big city to the Colorado Rockies. Avoid Hotel Overlook fever and take the entertainment dullness out of your life. Sign up is easy and affordable.
With over 20,000 movie titles available ranging from Christine to Doctor Sleep, DISH makes it easy to watch Stephen King. Want to try your luck in Derry or take a hike in Castle Rock? DISH can take you to the creepiest King towns while you never leave the safety of your couch.
DISH is Your Gateway to…Home Viewing
DISH Hopper DVR
Got more than one Stephen King fan in the house? With DISH Hopper Whole-Home DVR, you can record up to 16 shows at once. That’s more than what a standard DVR can hold. The 2-TB Hopper Hard Drive can also save up to double the storage capacity. That means you can save more shows and more movies, so no one misses out on their horror fest. And the best part? You can watch your saved content anytime, any place! So you can leave the family drama to the King of Screams.
DISH Anywhere App
Heading out of town but want to keep binging on all things Stephen King? No problem! With the DISH Anywhere App, it’s easy to keep the fright fest going. You can pre-record your movies to your DVR, then transfer them to your device. And the best part? No connection needed to view. With the ease and convenience of the DISH Anywhere App, you’ll be its number one fan.
And while you might not have telekinetic powers to reach the TV remote, the DISH Anywhere App is the next best thing. Now you can set recordings, make changes, and control your programs all with the ease of your smartphone. It’s not a ticket to prom, but it’s sure to impress even Carrie.
Voice Remote for Easy Selection
The DISH Voice Remote with Google Assistant makes navigating through your programs easy and convenient. Simply say Stephen King’s name into the remote microphone, and the Hopper will pull up all titles available from the Master of Horrors. Browse shows, movie titles, genres, even actor’s names all almost hands-free. And if you lose your remote at any point, your Hopper comes equipped with a Remote Locator button. Press it, and your remote will light up and beep until it’s located. However, if it’s tied with a red balloon, we recommend you leave it be.
DISH Outdoors if You Dare
With the DISH Tailgater portable satellite antenna, it’s easy to take Stephen King camping with you. Your Tailgater connects with your compatible DISH receiver, allowing you to scare yourself silly almost anywhere: on the road, in an RV, from a cabin, or in a tent. Just be sure you don’t park too close to the Pet Sematary.
The Good, The Bad, The Scary
Now that you know how to watch, it’s time to decide what to watch. Over fifty Stephen King books have been turned into movies, many going on to win prestigious awards and gather large cult followings. So it can be a tough choice for any fan. To make it easy, listed below are the King of Scream’s films by genre, showing their year of release and IMDB rating.
- Carrie – 1976 7.4 stars
- Christine – 1983 6.7 stars
- Children of the Corn – 1984 5.7 stars
- It – 1990 6.8 stars
- Misery – 1990 7.8 stars
- Needful Things – 1993 6.3 stars
- Dolores Claiborne – 1995 7.4 stars
- Apt Pupil – 1998 6.7 stars
- Dreamcatcher – 2003 5.5 stars
- Secret Window – 2004 6.6 stars
- Riding the Bullet – 2004 5.2 stars
- No Smoking – 2007 7.2 stars
- Dolan’s Cadillac – 2009 5.7 stars
- Bag of Bones – 2012 5.8 stars
- A Good Marriage – 2014 5.2 stars
- Big Driver – 2014 5.6 stars
- 1922 – 2017 6.3 stars
- Salem’s Lot – 1979 6.8 stars
- Cujo – 1983 6.1 stars
- Silver Bullet – 1985 6.4 stars
- A Return to Salem’s Lot – 1987 4.4 stars
- Pet Sematary – 1989 6.6 stars
- Tales from the Darkside: The Movie – 1990 6.3 stars
- Graveyard Shift – 1990 4.9 stars
- Sometimes They Come Back – 1991 5.7 stars
- Sleepwalkers – 1992 5.3 stars
- Pet Sematary 2 – 1992 4.9 stars
- Children of the Corn: The Final Sacrifice – 1992 4.3 stars
- The Mangler – 1995 4.2 stars
- Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest – 1995 4.1 stars
- Sometimes They Come Back Again – 1996 4.1 stars
- Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering – 1996 4.2 stars
- Thinner – 1996 5.8 stars
- Quicksilver – 1997 4.9 stars
- Trucks – 1997 3.9 stars
- Sometimes They Come Back for More – 1998 5.6 stars
- Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror – 1998 3.9 stars
- The Rage: Carrie 2 – 1999 4.7 stars
- Children of the Corn 666: Isaac’s Return – 1999 3.5 stars
- Children of the Corn: Revelation – 2001 3.4 stars
- Firestarter: Rekindled – 2002 4.9 stars
- The Mangler Reborn – 2005 3.1 stars
- Desperation – 2006 5.3 stars
- The Mist – 2007 7.1 stars
- Carrie – 2013 5.9 stars
- Mercy – 2014 5.0 stars
- Gerald’s Game – 2017 6.6 stars
- Pet Sematary – 2019 5.8 stars
- In the Tall Grass – 2019 5.4 stars
- It Chapter Two – 2019 6.5 stars
- The Shining – 1980 8.4 stars
- Firestarter – 1984 6.1 stars
- Cat’s Eye – 1985 6.3 stars
- The Dark Half – 1993 6.0 stars
- 1408 – 2007 6.8 stars
- Doctor Sleep – 2019 7.3 stars
- Knightriders – 1981 6.3
- Maximum Overdrive – 1986 5.5 stars
- Stand by Me – 1986 8.1 stars
- The Running Man – 1987 6.7 stars
- The Shawshank Redemption – 1994 9.3 stars
- The Green Mile – 1999 8.6 stars
- Hearts in Atlantis – 2001 6.9 stars
- Cell – 2016 4.3 stars
- The Boogeyman – 1982 4.5 stars
- The Woman in the Room – 1983 6.0 stars
- Michael Jackson’s Ghosts – 1996 7.7 stars
- Night Surf – 2002 5.5 stars
- Rainy Season – 2002 6.0 stars
- Autopsy Room Four – 2003 7.2 stars
- Creepshow – 1982 6.9 stars
- The Dead Zone – 1983 7.2 stars
- Creepshow 2 – 1987 6.1 stars
- The Lawnmower Man – 1992 5.4 stars
- Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace – 1996 2.5 stars
- The Night Flier – 1997 6.0 stars
- The Dark Tower – 2017 5.6 stars
Whether you’re a fan of the gruesome and gory or the drama and heartbreak, Stephen King delivers—and so will DISH for all your entertainment needs. With the various packages and prices available, these deals are so good it’s scary. So whether you’re looking to get paid $1300 to watch 13 Stephen King movies or eagerly awaiting the latest adaptations, DISH has what you need when it comes to all things Stephen King.
For any media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. USDISH is an authorized reseller of DISH Network.