Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Whether you plan to stuff your face with chocolates or reserve a table at the most romantic restaurant in town, you’re sure to have a perfect Day of Love on your own or with your significant other.
In honor of the big day, we thought it would be fun to look at favorite TV couples from around the US. Does your state favor Ross and Rachel’s clumsy, back-and-forth romance or Jim and Pam’s sincere love? Does the constant push and pull of Carrie and Mr. Big make your heart flutter? No matter which couple you love the most, the ongoing “will they or won’t they?” keeps you tuning in.
To calculate each state’s most popular screen couple, the team at USDish.com used Google Trends data from the past five years and looked at twenty-four iconic couples.
Spellbinding V-Day Finds
- Jim and Pam from The Office are the most popular couple in eight states.
- That ’70s Show came in second, with popularity in six states, and Friends and Mike & Molly were tied for third with popularity in five states each. But That ’70s Show and Friends fans are divided between Eric and Donna and Jackie and Kelso, and Ross and Rachel and Monica and Chandler, respectively.
- It’s fitting that New York’s favorite TV couple is Carrie and Big, since Sex and the City is set in the Big Apple.
- Gossip Girl also takes place in New York, which could be why neighboring states Connecticut and New Jersey love Chuck and Blair.
- That ’70s Show takes place in Wisconsin, and Wisconsinites root for Jackie and Kelso the most. (Another interesting fact is that although their characters don’t end up together on the show, their actors, Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, are now married with two children.)
- Monica and Chandler beat out Ross and Rachel in terms of popularity, even though Ross and Rachel are considered Friends’ most iconic couple.
- The South loves vampires. A number of iconic vampire movies have been filmed or take place in states like Georgia and Mississippi. That could be why those states love TV vampire couple Damon and Elena.
States and Beloved On-Screen Couples
|Alabama||Damon and Elena||The Vampire Diaries|
|Alaska||Mike and Molly||Mike & Molly|
|Arizona||Monica and Chandler||Friends|
|Arkansas||Jughead and Betty||Riverdale|
|California||Jackie and Kelso||That ’70s Show|
|Colorado||Hook and Emma||Once Upon a Time|
|Connecticut||Chuck and Blair||Gossip Girl|
|Delaware||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|Florida||Eric and Donna||That ’70s Show|
|Georgia||Eric and Donna||That ’70s Show|
|Hawaii||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|Idaho||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|Illinois||Jack and Rebecca||This is Us|
|Indiana||Booth and Bones||Bones|
|Iowa||Meredith and Derek||Grey’s Anatomy|
|Kansas||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|Kentucky||Cory and Topanga||Boy Meets World|
|Louisiana||Damon and Elena||The Vampire Diaries|
|Maine||Jughead and Betty||Riverdale|
|Maryland||Randall and Beth||This is Us|
|Massachusetts||Claire and Jamie||Outlander|
|Michigan||Eric and Donna||That ’70s Show|
|Minnesota||Monica and Chandler||Friends|
|Mississippi||Damon and Elena||The Vampire Diaries|
|Missouri||Monica and Chandler||Friends|
|Montana||Mike and Molly||Mike & Molly|
|Nebraska||Ross and Rachel||Friends|
|Nevada||Ross and Rachel||Friends|
|New Hampshire||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|New Jersey||Chuck and Blair||Gossip Girl|
|New Mexico||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|New York||Carrie and Big||Sex and the City|
|North Carolina||April and Andy||Parks and Recreation|
|North Dakota||Mike and Molly||Mike & Molly|
|Ohio||Leslie and Ben||Parks and Recreation|
|Oklahoma||Damon and Elena||The Vampire Diaries|
|Oregon||Kurt and Blaine||Glee|
|Pennsylvania||Lily and Marshall||How I Met Your Mother|
|Rhode Island||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|South Carolina||Damon and Elena||The Vampire Diaries|
|South Dakota||Mike and Molly||Mike & Molly|
|Tennessee||Glen and Maggie||The Walking Dead|
|Texas||Jackie and Kelso||That ’70s Show|
|Utah||Luke and Lorelai||Gilmore Girls|
|Vermont||Jim and Pam||The Office|
|Virginia||Poussey and Soso||Orange is the New Black|
|Washington||Poussey and Soso||Orange is the New Black|
|West Virginia||Jughead and Betty||Riverdale|
|Wisconsin||Jackie and Kelso||That ’70s Show|
|Wyoming||Mike and Molly||Mike & Molly|
What do you think? Whether you agree with our findings or prefer a different TV couple than the ones found on our list, you can still catch all your favorites with DISH.
USDish is an authorized reseller of Dish. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.