Winter Is Coming—And So Is $2,000!
Many avid readers have traveled to Mordor and beyond since The Lord of the Rings trilogy was first released. Decades later, Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister entered our households when George R.R. Martin came out with the first Game of Thrones book in 1996. Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher novels gained a new audience after their adaptation to a series of hit video games. Now, all of these epics have been turned into movies and/or TV shows, and the stories continue this fall when the prequels for both Game of Thrones (House of the Dragon) and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power come out in August and September, respectively.
Whether you’re a Jon Snow stan, a Frodo fanatic, or a Geralt groupie, you’ve most likely already set your DVRs or added another subscription to your long list of streaming services in anticipation of these fantasy TV series. But what if we paid you to watch them instead? USDish is offering a dream job to one lucky hobbit, or elf, or whatever you’re into: Revisit 40 hours over a timespan of 30 days of these fantasy TV series and we’ll pay you $2,000! From Westeros to the Shire, apply to take a journey that ends with a nice payout.
How to cash in the ≈295
Copper Pennies ($2,000 in USD).
The person who gets the dream job will have to:
You’ll want to be the “Ringbearer”—trust us!
This dream job is unlike any other! Not only will you get to travel to worlds beyond wonder, but you’ll have the opportunity to rewrite history. The series finale of Game of Thrones started quite the stir, but you can put your spin on the award-winning HBO series. Give us a summary of how GOT should have ended and we’ll publish your version on our website for all the Thronies to see. You’ll also get to cash out $2,000 for your viewing and recording efforts. Evil is evil, but this dream job is nothing short of great!
You won’t have Samwise by your side but…
USDish will provide you with access to all the shows we’re asking you to watch. We’ll also send you some snacks to help you through the 40-hour fantasy marathon. After you’ve completed the job, we’ll send you $2,000 to get you The One Ring replica, or however else you want to spend it.
HOW TO APPLY
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my application was received?
Please check your email for your submission confirmation. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it!
How do I submit/attach additional info?
We do not accept additional attachments outside of the submission form. We apologize for any inconvenience.
How will I know if I got the job?
You will receive an email by November 4, 2022 from the USDish.com team that will share whether or not you were selected.
Help! The submission form isn’t working.
- Make sure to fill in all of the required fields.
- Ensure that you’re using a valid US zip code. Only US residents aged 18 and older can enter.
- Write at least 100 characters (approximately 12 words) on why you’re the perfect fit for this job. Emojis are acceptable, but please omit emojis from your answer if you continue to face technical issues.
- Please only enter numbers into the phone number field; e.g. 8010001919 instead of 801-000-1919.
- Try refreshing your screen if the application form doesn’t load. If you are on a mobile device, consider using a laptop or desktop computer to access the application form.
Where is the form, and how do I apply?
To apply, please fill out the submission form here:https://www.usdish.com/news/get-paid-to-watch-fanatsy-tv
When is the deadline?
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, October 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm MST.
I live outside of the US. Can I still apply?
Unfortunately, this opportunity is open to US residents only.
Do I need to be a USDish customer to apply?
No. You do not need to be a USDish customer to apply for this job.
Can I submit on behalf of a minor?
Unfortunately, no. All applicants must be at least 18 years old. A parent or guardian cannot submit an application for a minor.
I am a member of the media and have a question.
If you’re a journalist looking for more information, please email email@example.com, and we will reply as soon as we can.
Terms and Conditions
Get $2,000 By Watching 40 Hours of Fantasy TV Dream Job Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of the Get $2,000 By Watching 40 Hours of Fantasy TV Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Clear Link Technologies, LLC d/b/a USDish.com (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
2. Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
3. Dream Job is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years or older as of September 23, 2022, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where you reside to apply for the Dream Job. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
4. DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
5. There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
7. The route to enter the Dream Job and details on how to apply are available above.
8. Promoter will start accepting applications on September 23, 2022 at 10 AM MST. Closing date for entry will be October 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM MST. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
9. Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
10. Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter’s employees.
11. The Recipient will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 7 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
12. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. The Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. The Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
13. Prior to the start of the Dream Job, Promoter shall deliver to Recipient access to all shows and snacks to get them through the 40 hours.
14. Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the items above with an item of equal or greater value.
15. Dream Job consists of viewing 40 hours over 30 days of fantasy TV series Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, House of the Dragon, and The Witcher accounting for reactions and thoughts, and using the worksheet the Promoter will provide. The Promoter will notify the Recipient on how to complete the Dream Job requirements. The recipient must adhere to the Dream Job conditions in order to be paid the full $2,000 prize money.
16. This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
17. Upon completion of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a one-time payment of $2,000.00 USD. Upon completion of Dream Job, funds shall be distributed no later than 90 days following Recipient’s completion of the Dream Job requirements.
18. No cash alternative to the Dream Job or the Swag Bag will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
20. Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
21. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
22. Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
24. By submitting an application for Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Dream Job is administered by USDish.com and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.