Choose Your DISH Hopper DVR
Choose the DISH Hopper 3 to record 8x more shows, save 4x more footage, and connect 3x more TVs.
Whole-Home HD DVR
Records 16 shows | Stores 500 HD hours | Connects 7 TVs
Smart HD DVR
Records 2 shows | Stores 125 HD hours | Connects 2 TVs
DISH Receiver Pricing and Features
|DISH HOPPER 3 Starts at $10/mo*||DISH HOPPER DUO Included*||DISH JOEY Starts at $5/mo*|
|Simultaneous recordings||Up to 16||Up to 2||Varies|
|Storage Capacity||500 HD hours||125 HD hours||0 hours|
|Number of TVs supported||1 Hopper + 6 Joeys||1 Hopper + 1 Joey||1|
|Highest resolution supported||4K HD||HD||Varies|
|On Demand||20,000 titles||20,000 titles||20,000 titles|
|Voice Remote with locator|
|Built-in apps like Netflix® and GameFinder|
|Picture in Picture|
|PrimeTime Anytime with AutoHop commercial skip||With Hopper 3|
|Compatible with Amazon® Alexa|
|Live TV on DISH Anywhere® mobile app|
*Data effective 5/1/2018
Classic DVR Features with the DISH
Great for a home with fewer recording conflicts, the Hopper Duo Smart HD DVR provides similar apps and core features as the Whole-Home DVR, with simpler recording abilities and impressive storage options. And it’s all included in the price of your America’s Top package.
* Watching live and recorded TV anywhere requires an Internet-connected, Sling enabled DVR and compatible mobile device.
Hop to the Next Room with a Joey
The Joey is a secondary receiver that pairs with Hopper receivers so you can watch the same live, On Demand, and recorded content across the house. You can also enjoy the same picture quality, apps, and advanced controls that come with your Hopper model. Plus, DISH offers four Joey models—including one that records an additional 8 shows—to match how you most like to watch TV.
Live and On Demand TV with the Wally
For a non-DVR receiver option, DISH provides the Wally™. The Wally comes with many of the same features as the Hopper receivers, including HD picture quality, thousands of On Demand titles, and Voice Remote for a more intuitive way to search.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Add a Receiver
How do I add a new receiver to DISH Network?
If you want to upgrade to a newer receiver or order one for the first time, call 1-844-704-5229 and we’ll get the ball rolling.
If you’re getting an additional or replacement receiver and need to set it up yourself, follow these steps:
- Plug the receiver into a power source.
- Connect the cables to their matching ports (see list below).
- Turn on your TV and wait for the loading screen to appear. If your screen doesn’t show the name of your receiver over a black background, switch between TV inputs until you see that image.
- When your receiver has finished programming, you’ll see the Install Wizard. With your DISH account number handy, follow the on-screen instructions and hit Activate when finished. The software will download automatically.
- If you have a Hopper, Joey, or Wally receiver, review the Summary screen. To fix any yellow or red fields, follow the given instructions. Once all Summary fields are green, hit Watch TV.
- If you have a ViP receiver, hit Live TV.
- You’re done!
What cables do I need to connect a new DISH receiver?
You need these cables, which are all supplied by DISH Network:
- Coaxial cable—Connects receiver to satellite output in the wall
- HDMI cable—Connects receiver to TV
- RCA composite cable (has red, white, and yellow plugs)—Connects receiver to TV
- Ethernet cable
If you’re getting your first receiver or adding a second or third to your account, these cables will come in the box.
If you’re getting an upgrade or replacement, use the cables from your current receiver to connect the new one.
I’m having trouble adding my new DISH receiver.
We can help. Call 1-800-333-3474 for technical support.
How do I reset a DISH Network receiver?
If the power light is blinking, your receiver is trying to reset itself. Leave it alone for at least 4 hours before troubleshooting.
If your power light is not blinking, or if it’s been blinking for more than 4 hours, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Press the power button to power off the receiver. Wait 10 seconds, and then press the power button again. Your receiver should reset within 5 minutes.
- If that doesn’t work, unplug your DISH receiver from the electrical outlet, wait 10 seconds, and then try plugging it into a different outlet or surge protector.
- If that doesn’t work, move the receiver to a spot that’s more ventilated and try again. Your receiver works best positioned with at least 4 inches of space on each side, in an open cabinet.
If you’re still having trouble after following these steps, call 1-800-333-3474 so we can help you find out what’s wrong and get it fixed.