Compare DISH Hopper vs. DIRECTV Genie
When you compare the Hopper vs. Genie, it’s no contest. The Hopper is a superior DVR with greater storage capacity, whole-home connectivity, and amazing special features.
While the Genie can access up to 8 receivers and boasts a 6-second replay, the Hopper has double the storage capacity.
- Hopper holds up to 300 more hours of storage, 2TB total
- Hopper records 16 shows at once, while Genie can only record 5 at the same time
- Genie gives you an instant replay, but Hopper’s AutoHop skips commercials
- Hopper offers a backlit voice remote control
- Genie lets you pause & rewind up to 90 minutes
What is DIRECTV Genie?
Genie HD DVR gives you HD functionality on all your TV sets and the ability to connect up to 8 TV’s at once. Record 5 shows at once and store up to 200 HD hours of your favorite programs.
- 4K Ultra compatible
- Wirelessly connects to 8 TVs
- The Genie only holds half the storage as the Hopper
- The Genie has voice control only if connected through a mobile device