Jonathan | November 21, 2017
How to Set Up Your Amazon Fire TV and DISH Anywhere App
With more consumers streaming content than ever before, Amazon and DISH network aim to make it easier for people to access their favorite shows.
This first occurred through the DISH Anywhere app. It continues to happen through the integration of DISH Anywhere with the Amazon Fire TV and Stick. Here’s what you need to know about the new service to watch your preferred shows on a big screen.
What Is the DISH Anywhere Application?
If you have DISH service, you automatically have access to DISH Anywhere, a mobile application. The app allows you to watch live, recorded, and on-demand shows at any time and on any networked device, such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
What Is the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick?
The Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick are variations of the same product. The Fire TV is a box that connects to your high-definition (HD) television. The Fire Stick is a plug-in device that connects to your television through an HDMI port. Both devices accomplish the same goal: delivering streamable content from services including Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Now. The Stick and TV also stream games and music and integrate with Amazon Alexa.
Why Is DISH Integrating the Amazon Fire TV and DISH Anywhere App?
DISH understands that while consumers enjoy accessing movies, television shows, games, and music on mobile, most people prefer to relax in front of a screen larger than seven inches. Because of that, DISH now offers the DISH Anywhere app on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick. The integration ensures customers can access their preferred content on any device, large or small.
How Do I Set Up DISH Anywhere on My Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick?
Activating the DISH Anywhere app on Amazon devices is a simple, seven-step process:
- Check your home entertainment equipment. To activate DISH Anywhere on your Amazon Fire TV, you will need three items: your Hopper (specifically the Hopper 2 or 3; the first-generation Hopper requires a Sling Adapter DVR.), the Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick, and your DISH authentication code.
- Open the Fire TV home screen.
- Search for the DISH Anywhere app.
- Download the app and install it.
- Open the app.
- Using a computer or mobile device, enter dishanywhere.com/activate into your browser and log in with your DISH network account.
- Enter the activation code that shows up on your TV into the prompt on your mobile device or computer.
Once you complete the steps, you’re all set. Time to kick back, relax, and enjoy your favorite content.